View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 04:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
I undergo nerve blocks regularly for ON. The times that my pain doctor has hit the nerve directly, the medication has traced the nerve. In my case, one of the 2 ON extends to my forehead and temple area. The auricular nerve is the one that goes around the ear. These only bring temporary relief though. I have heard of others doing botox with good temporary results, and RFA but those are only temporary too, and from what I've read, they can make the pain worse when the nerves regenerate. My pain doc has suggested it to me on several occasions and he indicated that the pulsed radio frequency is better than the standard one they use. Given that your getting anothe trial at the stimulator, I'd say go for it and hope for the best. Did you find that your pain was worse than before after the nerve regenerated from the ablation?
Thanks for the reply to my message. Actually, the pain didn't increase any after the cryoblation. Basically, when it came back, it was the same as before; however, I only got about 2 weeks relief. I had about 4-6 weeks pain relief after the RFA, but the pain was much worse than before when it returned. For a while, anytime my neck would pop, I'd have absolutely debilitating pain that would shoot up my head. When that happened, I'd scream and just drop to the floor. I just underwent the trial stimulator again. Because the doc put it a little lower, I didn't have the earlier problems. By the time he took it the trial leads out, the back of my head was virtually pain free while sedentary. I was able to move around a little more without severe pain. Now, I'm fighting with insurance over the permanent one. For some reason, they denied the permanent one before the doctor even reported my results. Health insurance is irritating! I hope you find some relief for your pain.
Cerridwen35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote