View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi brandonsmom,

Welcome to the forum! What you are describing sounds like your son might be having audio seizures which in turn can lead to any type of seizure.
An audio seizure is when certain sounds can trigger seizures for a person because the person is noise sensitive. Also with your son being 16 yrs. old his hormones are still changing and that can sometimes cause seizures for a person. There have been many times when I've had an e.e.g. , CT scan and other tests done and they came back normal and this is because the brain damage was to deep in my brain to pick up with the tests. The Dr. never found it until they did brain surgery on me. My advice to you is to have your son go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at university hospitals and have him see an Epileptologist. This is a Dr. who specializes in Epilepsy. Keep you son away from a lot of food with carbs. and starch in them because it can trigger seizures and start giving him vitamin B12 once a day this helps calms the nerves down. Also keep a journal and write down what time your son has any seizures along with a description by doing this the Dr. may see a pattern in the seizures. I wish you and your son only the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote