View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 08:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lyme-- from the research I've seen-- can have many symptoms and be individual to each person.

As for me-- in addition to many other symptoms that made me suspect Lyme-- were: severe stiff neck and trapezius muscle, pin prick sensations everywhere, muscle twitches everywhere and as you mention: abnormal nerve sensations.

So far, my 2 Lyme blood tests have come back negative--- but negative tests don't always mean you don't have Lyme. Tests can be very unreliable.

I have three friends that tested negative many times before getting a positive.

I have been diagnosed with TOS...Fibro....and Tension Myositis. But I really believe it's all Lyme related though my blood tests (so far) can't prove it.

Best to see a very good Lyme literate doctor. And IMO you should have some other symptoms in addition to nerve pain. Can you think of anything else that's been going on? Fatigue? Sensitivity to sound? Brain fog?

If you check out all the Lyme sites-- especially those that suppport Chronic Lyme-- you will see a weath of info. on symptoms.

I've been on Doxycycline for a month-- many of my symptoms have resolved but I still have wierdo nerve tingling and pin prick sensations. I am low in Vit D....which could be part of the problem.

If this nerve stuff isn't Lyme, then I don't know what's wrong with me. Very scary and frustrating.

Please describe your 'abnormal nerve sensations'. I'm curious to see if they are similar to mine.

Best wishes!
lilo55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote