View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Just diganosed with TOS

First of all I'd like to mention that I had a cervical fusion 8 years ago (C6-7). It was a complete success. No pain at all after surgery. Whew!

Now to the present: I went to see my doctor for an extreme stiff neck on right side and weakness in trapezius muscles on both sides. I could barely hold my head up. It felt like a bowling ball. Also shoulder pain and mild tingling in arm.

Doc ordered new MRI of my neck. Results:

Moderately mainly left paracentral disc bulge with unconvertebral hypertrophy at C5-C6 with mild narrowing of the foramina.

Mild disc bulge with unconvertebral hypertrophy at C3-4 and C4-5 level as described above.

Mild central disc bulgeat T1-T2 level
(where is that???) without cord impingment.

Anterior fusion of C6-7 vertebral bodies. Alignment is satisfactory.

Interpretations welcome, please!!

My GP (internal medicine) said I had arthritis that I would just have to live with.

Another internal med doc. said that if this current MRI was taken a year ago, the results would be exactly the same. And since I had no pain a year ago, then this new MRI does not show anything that accounts for the current pain I'm having and suggested I had Tension Myositis Syndrome.

A sports medicine Dr. also blew off the MRI as 'nothing' and diagnosed me with TOS and sent me home with various exercises and tennis ball compression work.....which is helping slightly.

Another doc believes it could be Fibro.

Now I am so confused I don't know what to think!!!!

In addition to neck/shoulder/trapezius pain I also have pin-prick sensations EVERYWHERE in my body along with random muscle twitches and shooting nerve pains all over the place and widepread toothache type pain in my upper back. Really scary!

After reading up on TOS, FIbro, Poly M....I don't think I have all the classic symptoms to put me solidly in any box. It's like I have a little bit of everything, including Lyme disease....

.....and I am a bit deficient (27) in Vit. D. SED rate, thyroid and other tests all came back normal.

Interestingly, when this neck pain started, I had just completed a very stressfull project and was typing at my computer for hours on end for several weeks.

I certainly wasn't paying attention to my posture because I have worked for long hours like this for years with no pain.

Could the gargoyle pose (which is what exactly????) or some other bad computer pose have finally caught up with me?

I'm just trying to find some REASON for this sudden onset of pain so that I can at least correct something.

Also....this enitre mystery pain syndrome of mine is way worse at night and especially when I'm sitting still for any length of time.

Sorry for the long post....and all the different questions! But maybe someone here can relate or interpret.

Best wishes to all! And thank you for reading!
lilo55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (12-19-2010)