View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:01 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Whoever wrote that Wiki post wrote it wrong, it states there are no further appeals after the AC, Federal Court. It should say the next step is to file a lawsuit with the Federal Court. The 98% was written by a poster with no supporting evidence and I knew that was incorrect by my experience. After doing legal research through Westlaw, lexis nexis , Cornell University, findlaw.com, SS site and spending hours at the law library at the courthouse. I knew that figure could not be accurate. Also giving people hope by saying that their chances are excellent IMO is not cruel, but I find that writing down 98% chance of winning with no factual basis, is giving the posters unwarranted negative hope. Your chances of winning at the AC level are as good as when you file your first application, so anyone at the AC level take it from a experienced poster who has won cases at this level, if you are disabled according to SS standards, with a good attorney or even paralegal, I have even seen people pro se win, your chances of winning are EXCELLENT.

Federal Court

If you disagree with the Appeals Council’s decision or if the Appeals Council decides not to review your case, you may file a lawsuit in a federal district court.

Last edited by legalmania; 12-19-2010 at 03:50 PM.