View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just got my diagnosis last week, after 9 months of lots and lots of horrible testing..not sure whether to be glad to finally have one or not, considering what it is and the fact that my neurologist just kept saying how VERY rare it is. I too have lost the use of my hand and have the curling in my fingers (pain & twitching now too), only bad thing is that it's in my right hand and I am right handed..really stinks. Pretty terrified about the IVIG treatments that they say I have to start ASAP!!! They told me that there are NO SIDE EFFECTS. (Could someone please be honest with me? This Doc has lied before.) So as to prevent progression want to start next week...only thing is, my legs have already been affected, they have just put it off to due to arthritis from a car accident about 13 yrs ago. I am also very worried that my husbands insurance co. won't pay..and I haven't been able to work in months..still waiting on Social Security decision, but who knows when that could happen...38 yrs old and feel like I am 150 and thats on a good day. Will this get better?
jennyd1230 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote