View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Exclamation Revision?....

Ok, for the sake of my unfolding 'saga', I will state to the jury that yes indeed, I concur that about a month ago, I requested that xrays be taken of my lumbar because of increasing pain. It was then discovered that one of my leads had completely migrated down, almost as far as the IPG unit itself.

So, I get the honor and privilege of getting a REVISION !

Yes, I am completely mind-boggled as to what is going on with me!
Aside from the possibility of 'devine healing' or, in 'medical terms',
spontaneous cessation of neuropathy symptoms.......which I've read about and prayed that I could possibly fall into that small percentile of statistical studies....

About a week ago, I was at work in my office and the lower back pain was SO bad (felt like someone was trying to SAW me in half!) .....I called my PM's office in tears saying that my primary care physician told me it appears that I've been suffering from 'muscle spasms' and prescribed Flexeril. Well, that medication did nothing to help. So, my pain doc called in a 'stronger' muscle relaxer called Zanaflex and said to give that a try.
Well, it seems to be working....along with Neurontin.
So, I'm not sure where to give the credit......is it because of the combo of
meds......OR is it because I simply turned the SCS OFF because of the migrated lead, which could have been what was aggravating my lower back.
But, in the past when I'd turn off the unit, the burning leg neuropathy would
immediately present itself as a reminder that the SCS is a 'lifesaver'

And ever since I've had the SCS off (5 days now), I've felt 'normal'.....for the
first time since this nightmare started 6 years ago!! All weekend I've been
doing heavy housework, stuff that hasn't been done in YEARS!
I'm in 'high gear' trying to get as much done as possible, knowing that I will
be getting a surgical revision done sometime within the next month and then the post op restrictions will start all over again........BUT, now I'm wondering
WHICH direction to take?! I certainly can't leave the migrated lead where it
is....it HAS to be remedied.....
But since I've been doing so good with my unit off, ...... ?
There is NO way I'm going to jump the gun and assume I don't need the SCS
anymore. This is a $100,000 unit that has been implanted in me and has saved my sanity from the horrible pain I had been suffering all this time...

And, since this issue is so recent, I do not have ANY clear answers and have not been given ANY medical 'direction' (it's the Holidays after all!....everyone is booked FULL)

.......WELCOME.....to my Little Shop of Horror! ....
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-19-2010)