View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Concussion Syndrome

Hello everyone this is a great thread and I want to share my story of post concussion syndrome

I have been diagnosed with 7 concussions in my life (I just turned 21) ranging from mild to severe. When I was younger the concussions didnt affect me as much as the ones I got when I was a teenager. I have had 4 in four years and I had three in one year. My junior year of highschool I was struck in the head three times while playing baseball and suffered bad concussions. I got two in one week that year. I missed half of the semester that year as well. So after having these concussions I experienced chronic headaches and major memory loss and depression and anxiety. A year passed before I started to re gain some of my memory problems, but as luck would have it I suffered another one playing football. So now it has been 4 years and I still have terrible short term memory loss, chronic headaches, and anxiety. I went through a phase of severe depression getting to the point of thinking about suicide (I am currently doing a lot better with depression and no longer feel depressed). This syndrome has seriously affected my life and well being. It is unfortunate that this syndrome is not studied more to provide us with answers.

If anyone knows what I can do to try and stop these symptoms I would love to hear it. This diseases has made me who I am today and although I wish I didnt suffer from this I hope to one day be able to get the word out. Thank you for listening.

God Bless
msangsland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote