View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

aireyden,

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

You are caught in a frustrating Catch 22. You need help but your symptoms hamper your ability to reach out for help. My heart goes out to you.

The Upper Cervical Chiro is a good recommendation.

You also may benefit from finding a good Neuro-Ophthalmologist. There have been posts by others with the name of an Association that the good ones are members of. My brain can't remember but maybe others will see this post and add this information.

Have you experimented with different genre's of music? Different tempos and vocal styles may fit your brains current processing ability. For me, some music is almost painful to try to listen to. Other music 'fits' my brain and allows me to listen and relax. I do best with a consistent mild melody. No intense changes or odd tempo changes.

Have you tried ear plugs? They will help block background or ambient sounds. Your brain may be getting overwhelmed by too many different streams of sounds. Foam ear plugs help my brain find the single sound that it can process. If I try to watch TV, I use head phones. They provide a distinct difference between the TV audio and the other sounds in the room.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote