View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Carol,

It sounds like you have had alot of issues with #15 and I'm not sure why. If this were me, I would go to the new dentist and not give him any history on it... just the xrays. Just ask for his opinion as to what he sees and what his treatment options would be. Sometimes a new dentist will get caught up in the "baggage" of the dental history and be reluctant to treat the pt. If he asks you why there is a temp on it, you could say.... I'm not sure. And then tell him you have a problem with the "bumps" on the temp and again say, you're not sure why they are there. Allow him to give you an unbiased opinion of what he sees.

I see that you were going to see someone today.... hope this message isn't too late!

Let me know what happens.
Bryanna

Hi Bryanna,

Thanks, I got your message before my appointment. Great idea to not tell the dentist about the nonsense and baggage. I had seen this dentist one time for a consult, so he knew some of the history. I didn't choose him to do the crown at the time because he thought he might HAVE to do gold for the back tooth, but it depended on seeing the tooth.

Today he made a new temp out of new material, but he used the old temp as a starting point by making an impression of it, and made changes to it that he thought would be better. It feels like a big improvement in shape....like a tooth actually. He said I show try it out for few weeks or month, and come back for changes if something isn't right. He said one guy needed 4 changes before they got it right. Whereas the other dentist did not want to make changes. He had that long expensive treatment plan instead. Today this new dentist said that after seeing the teeth, both crowns need to be all porcelain. That was good to hear since I have a lot of allergies, and did not want to go with a new material that I never tried. I always have heard about the galvanic response, so prefer to stay away from gold.
Silky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote