View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation Help; trouble breathing!!!

I'm really struggling. I've never had this before. I'm recently diagnosed (2 weeks ago) and not on any meds yet. I've had trouble all day, woke up a couple times in the night and couldn't breathe, even took a few seconds to get the breathing started again which was frightening.

All day today I was exhausted, hoarse, trouble talking, tongue wouldnt' work, legs so weak they were shaky, lost my balance to the point of falling over if I got out of bed.

By afternoon I was struggling to breathe. My chest feels really tight, and I can't breathe in very far at all. My neck and throat feel really tight too, like someone is sqeezing them. I feel like the air won't go any further than my windpipe.

I tried the breathing in deep and counting out loud and now I can only get as far as 8. Around 3 hours ago I could count to 12-15.

I do NOT want to go to the ER because I have IVIG again tomorrow (I'm on it for small fiber neuropathy) and I"m having a chest port put in Wednesday. I'm so scared they'd admit me and all that will be ruined, not to mention finishing up gift wrapping.

What should I do? Can I just go to sleep and ride this out?
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote