View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisable View Post
I have no brain fog, fatigue or any other symptoms to speak of.

My sensations are all over pin pricks, or bee stinging type feelings, every few seconds from head to toe (controlled somewhat right now with Gabapentin), feelings like water running down leg or a sparkler hitting leg. One time it felt like an electric current running through body. Electrical wormey feelings, buzzing, vibrating feels, not limited to limbs, could be anywhere on body.

How did you talk Dr. into Doxycycline with neg. tests?

I am having trouble find a Lyme Literate Dr. in my area......Buffalo, NY, I can find an infectious Disease Dr., but not sure if he will be my answer.

Yes, I am very scared, frustrated to say the least.
A good LLMD will treat on symptoms not on test results. I was put on Doxy before my blood results came back. I mentioned to my doctor that I had pulled ticks off body all summer but did not see the classic bullseye rash which only presents in about 60% (if I remember correctly) of people bitten by infected ticks anyway.

If you wait around for a positive test to come back, you could be waiting a long time and thus be wasting precious weeks or months in treating an active disease. It is often very difficult to diagnose Lyme only by blood tests in many cases. It is no secret that tests for Lyme can be very unreliable.

If you go to the LymeNet site you can request a list of LLMDs in your area.

Since you live in NY, you should get a pretty good list sent to you. But first read their rules on posting correctly.

Also, read through the info on Dr. Burrascano's 'Advanced Topics on Lyme Disease'. It's public knowledge on the internet so there should be no problem with me directing you to a search there. His name is freely mentioned on other Lyme boards.

I actually had to think back over the past year and did remember many symptoms I had--- that came and went. Lyme can do this btw, and make you think you don't have it because the symptom or symptoms have disapppeared or don't seem severe enough to pay attention to.

It is also well documented that Lyme is known as the great immitator and can present as many other diseases or syndromes.

Hope this helps!
lilo55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
invisable (12-22-2010)