View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Sandy, I've been having popcorn as my "snack" food, too. I found a really neat way to microwave pop my own without the expense and additives of pre-packaged microwave popcorn. I didn't think it would work but it does! You may already know about this method but for those who don't here it is:

Put 1/4 cup good quality popping corn into a small brown paper bag (lunch bag size).

I add about 1 tsp. extra virgin organic coconut oil but you can use extra virgin olive oil, too.

Press all the air out and fold the top over by about 1 inch. Staple closed. Yes, you can put the staple in the microwave. It won't hurt it.

I set the timer for 2:33 seconds but your time may be different depending on the wattage of your microwave.

It turns out really yummy. Sometimes I spray it with the no calorie fake butter....sometimes I just eat it plain. No salt! It's really good.

Sox, I am SO impressed with your weight loss. I am stalled at 48 pounds. I know if I really tried I could jump start it again but I just don't have the "umph" I need right now. Plus, it's so much easier in the Spring and Summer when fresh fruit and my favorite veggies are in season. I'm not a big fan of winter veggies and I can only take so much broccoli!

Nancy, I hope your heart condition isn't anything serious. As if we don't all have enough to deal with having MS.

Everyone have a wonderful holiday season and let yourself have a treat now and then. If we can't splurge then what's the point?!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (12-21-2010), SandyC (12-22-2010)