Thread: Keppra Users
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37IW View Post
I have a doctor appointment this week and will discuss this with him.
I think I need a tad bit more though does anyone know about what the highest amount you can take per day?
Thanks!!
I take 1500mg in the morning and 1500mg in the evening (along with 75 mg lyrica 2x a day). After being on it and stable for years, I'd moved and a new neuro wanted to mess with it because he said that dose was too high (well, he'd done a blood test and said it was too high; I called the company and they said there was no established range), but I fought the change because I'd been stable and didn't want to go changing things. I was good on that, with only minor breakthrough partials once in a blue moon, for 6-7ys.

Porkette, your point is an interesting one. I've been on the same dose of my 2 AEDs for years, but this last year was extremely stressful and my health went into a tailspin. My minor breakthrough seizures used to be limited to during the night right before my period, but over the last few months, I've had a few daytime partials and some simple ones around bedtime. Plus heart-racing and all sorts of new problems. Still, for me, anyway, I don't think the change is related to the drug as much as my brain is continuing to fall apart. But I will keep your warning in mind! Thanks!
Friedbrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote