View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
In fact, my PCP told me he never looked at skeletal x-rays that he ordered; he didn't know how to read them. Scary...
A lot, if not most, PCPs don't, and for good reason. Like yours, a lot of them wouldn't know what they were looking at. How many are they likely to see in a year when the bulk of their practice is (figuratively) sore throats, maintenance prescriptions and referrals? Most PCPs don't have a fraction of the experience that dedicated (full-time) radiologists (the people who interpret x-rays) have. PCPs go by the radiologist's report, which they do read.

What would scare me is a PCP who disregarded a report from a full-time radiologist. Second opinions are fine/great, but I'd still want one from another radiologist...

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote