View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default details of my new non-buzzing or tingling stimulator

well i am one week post surgery of my new unit and as promised here are the details. I will gladly answer any questions anyone has about this new technology. I am not the best person at writing things but hope I explain it properly for you all.

I am one of the first people in Ireland to receive it but one of 23 in Europe to receive it. It is made my a company called NEVRO

The Nevro system is for patients with failed back surgery or patients with back pain and leg pain. i suffer from Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome and i am the first patient with this complaint to be treated with a Nevro( well that's what they told me).

So how does it work if there is no buzzing/ tingling?•The Nevro System uses a unique waveform that does not cause or require tingling sensation (paresthesia) to relieve pain.

Benefits of the Nevro system are

1.Back pain relief
•Nevro therapy has demonstrated reduction of average back pain by 75% in a study population with a high percentage (86%) of patients with predominant back pain.

2.Leg pain relief
•The early clinical trials show that Nevro therapy provides improved relief of leg pain, as well. And has demonstrated reduction of average leg pain by 90%

3.Designed for Paresthesia-free pain relief
•Paresthesia is considered uncomfortable by 71% of patients surveyed who have experienced conventional SCS2
•The Nevro System uses a unique waveform that does not cause or require tingling sensation (paresthesia) to relieve pain.

4.No position-related jolting or shockingConventional SCS systems are known to cause jolting and shocking during position changes2, as when moving from sitting to standing, for example.With the Nevro System’s unique waveform, there have been no reports of jolting and shocking1.

For me so far one week post IPG install!! it is doing all of the above and more i finally think i will get a chance at my life with 2 young children and hubby having suffered for nearly 3 years now. I did have a trial of a buzzing stimulator a medronics one in early december and yes i did get lots of relief from it but had to turn the unit off lots or turn it up lots. With this unit I have not turned it off once and can feel nothing other than the glorious pain relief it gives.

Can i think of any downsides?
Well if having to charge your IPG everyday is a downside well that's it. they give you a belt so you can do it on the move but as the surgical site is still quite sore i have not tried this. Takes about 45 mins on the programme I am on but when they try to get the unit to work better on one area ie tweaking the programme i may need to charge it for a max of 1.5 hours per day.

Oh yes thought of another downside!! medronics give you a lovely bag to carry all your bits and pieces in Nevro don't but i did point this out to the lovely people of Nevro and I am sure they will change this in the future!!

well that's all for now, I hope I covered enough for everyone and if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Jenna
irljenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dubliner (11-18-2011), edever34 (01-17-2011), JoanB (08-24-2011), Lisa in Ohio (10-21-2011), Mark56 (12-23-2010), Rrae (12-23-2010), tchr012 (12-22-2010)