View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Many drugs can cause the symptoms you describe. For me the use of Tylenol 3 as well as Coumadin does the damage. When the stool becomes impacted it is natural for the water to accumulate behind it and cause diarrhea. But it is the first instance of constipation that can do the harm. I tried all that the doctors told me till one told me it was attaining more movement that was my problem and many others suffered the same way.

He said I should take a stool softener at least once a week and more if becoming that way again, because food can sometimes be a source of the problem for me.

Well I did, and the problem is gone and has been for over 7 months now. The softener keeps both problems in the condition they need to be. With the first bout of Chemotherapy it was a big problem, lol sorry. Starting third round on the 7 of January I will be in much better shape for the problems it incurs for me.

Try it for a week or so and you can't hurt yourself if you don't use more than 3 per week. If you need more than see your Doctor for sure.

I really hope this helps you as it has me.

Thelma
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (12-23-2010)