View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yuck!

First of all, Relax...I mean it... Relaxing is the first key to being able to get better and deal with this.
Second, realize that this may be a long road.
Third, I don't know how much this is hurting you, but for me two things are absolutely necessary, I have to have something to get me out of bed in the morning (for me it is not worrying others) and I need to continue with life just as it was before so that I don't feel sorry for myself or fall into not doing anything at all. This seems ridiculous and absurd at first, but then it becomes a way of life. Every day keeping my life and trying not to worry family and friends, those two things get me out of bed no matter how I feel.
Now, for each person these may be different, but it seems really important to me to find those things and make sure that every morning those things will get you up.
After you can start acting more normally, you will find new strength and will learn how to become stronger because of your injury. Now, your injury might be so much worse than mine that this is not possible, I can understand that.
Now by acting "normally" I don't mean that exactly because you might have to make some changes. For me, I had to stop dancing (ballroom), running, and any sort of activity where my head would move too much or too quickly or might get hit. I am so excited because in just one month I will be concussion free for a year! After at least 6 if not more concussions in one year, this is exciting, it means that I can start to heal. Now, if I could go one day without a symptom I would scream for joy (and get a headache from that
Anyways, I will stop blabbering
Good luck,
Margarite
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (01-26-2011), Grady Lady (12-27-2010)