View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 02:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi In His Hands--Thanks! i do hope that we all can find some OUTDOOR activities that are relaxing, FUN and "normal"!! Where I live, we have winter basically for 5-6 months. The cold is really bad for my RSD, and I spend DAYS with my arms wrapped around a heating pad (have burned out three already, and the fourth is acting up..). It is really awful, and very bittersweet to watch the kids and adults from myu living-room window having fun in the snow, walking down the street tossing snow-balls at each other, snow-shoeing in the drifts, taking their dogs out fpr play-time....and then remembering how much I loved to ski and ice-skate, attend all the fun activities for Winterfest BEFORE the RSD. And now, dreading to even go out inthe cold just to check the mailbox, lest it really set off the burning and reddish-purple colour of my skin and the sensitivity...

Well, I have decided that I am going to just "get through" this winter by getting that float-tube, etc. ordered! And imagining just how FREE I am going to feel in it!!!!! I can hardly wait for the weather to watm up!

My e-mail friend to check Cabellas and other sporting-good web-sites for some small, chemical packs that release heat---she says her hubby uses these things in his socks and gloves to keep them WARM when he is hunting.
So, the thought being, keep them "on hand" (so to speak) when I try the float-tubing, just in case my hands start doing the icey-cold thing.

Isn't it weird how some of these symproms just pop up? Even though the warm weather is so much more comfortable, I just can't tolerate too much variance in the temperature changes. Has anyone else experienced this??

like shopping at the grocery store---I just dread the frozen food section or the produce section, especially those misters that decide to come on the minute I reach for a bunch of celery!!! Talk about TIMING!!!

It has been so interesting to read about everyone else's hobbies! I too, love gardening, but darned if I can figure out how to plant anything bigger than a six-pack in a flower-box!

Has anyone found a way to dig a hole in the ground, or a device that can do it for you? I would love to try and plant some things in the ground, but I can't manage to use the shovel with my foot to get a hole bigger than a couple of inches deep. ARRRRRRR!!!! I have a light-weight Rubber-made garden cart that I could probably transport a rose-bush in, but getting it OUT of the plastic thing and into the ground.....any ideas??

Thanks to you all!!!

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote