View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ages/decades ago? I was diagnosed as 'hypoglycemic'...

Today? When you look up definitions? They seem to meld a bit.
In my case, in certain circumstances IF I did not eat/or eat too many of certain carbs or sugars I could become 'hypoglycemic'. I underwent an 8 hour test in the mid '70s for this? and from all I've learned is that HYPO and HYPER-[as in diabetic?] glycemics process sugars at different speeds and in different ways. Diabetics peak and valley glucose wise faster? Hypo-g's take a longer loop? But peak and valley higher and lower by a lot!
Since I was 'hypo'? The things best for me diet-wise was to take in slo-processing protiens w/carbs such as cheese and crackers rather than a candy bar. IF I'm really down? A lemonade-like drink is a better alternative than a soda. These are foods that are slower to get you out of the 'dip'? But longer lasting in getting you on an even keel. Soo... it's not what you eat? But how and WHEN you eat anything! When I got glycemic? I'd simply pass out! For a short period of time, but yet? Not fun. I've had only one 3 hour GTT test since. Can I say totally inadequate? But, I'll do what I gotta do, when I must do it. BTW? No GTT test or the like has ever shown signs of Diabetes! Besides, couldn't they IMPROVE that 'glucola' taste some how?
I'd rather eat dissolved brown sugar! That atleast, has some goodies in it nutrition-wise, tho not many.
Ummm. How does one describe a GTT? Well: BORING! is adequate for a start, then, dull, More dull, and afterwards THUNGRY GRUMPY!
Overall? Garbage in, garbage out. SIGH! s - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote