View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default alternative medicine that works for chronic headaches

I am 32 years old who was born 2/1/2 months premature with cerebral palsy,lazy eye, and hydrocephalus. After 6 shunt revisions I have chronic headaches. It is more of a pressure headache around the shunt which is on the right side of the head. I use a ice pack coverd in a towel and lay it on my head for about 15 minutes to half hour to get rid of the headache. Accupressure,cranial sacral therapy also helps with the headaches. Before going to a cranial sacral therapist I had gone to my neurologist who couldn't figure out the reason for the pressure in my head. The Dr. had done a CAT-SCAN and the shunt had no abnormalities. He then told me that he wanted to do surgery and put in a calibrated shunt to control the drainage to prevent headaches. At the time I didn't want to go through any more surgeries so I opted out. I then went to a cranial sacral therapist and the chronic headaches were gone immediately. If I sleep on my right side of my head I have throbbing heaches that I releive with an ice pack daily.
jjmsu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote