Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Mike,

How's it going? You're in CA aren't you? hope you're not flooded :S. I'm waiting for an appointment with Candy and am going to discuss the whole thing with her and so fingers crossed.. my neurologist from Kings put me in touch with their neurosurgeon who refused to operate. I've got a referral to Frenchay in Bristol and fingers crossed they'll do something, but we'll see. I have a friend who has the DBS done - it took 18 months for improvements but she went from spending 5 years totally unable to move (including requiring a G feed as she couldn't open her mouth) to, over the course of the last 3 months regaining full movement in her right arm/hand/ shoulder, most of her head/ neck/ jaw, some of her left arm and she's gaining more movement and independence every day. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Just so difficult to sort out care. I am seriously considering writing to my first consultant - who was excellent - I was transferred away from his care because my father had a huge fall out with him and because he was considered an *** by the UK RSD charity - but he really tried with me. I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if I'd have stayed under his care. It might be worth a go.

Thanks and have an excellent Christmas and Happy New Year Mike

xxxxxxxxx
fmichael (12-23-2010)