View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

After years of doing nothing to help my brain recover (largely because I was ignorant), I am planning to begin a nutrition regimen. Here is my proposed line-up of vitamins and supplements:

-A GOOD multivatimin which contains ginkgo bilboa*
-B-50 complex
-B-6
-B-12 (Methyl variety)
-Omega Fish Oil with the proper ratios
(And of course, lots of protein and water)

Mark, is there anything else you feel I should include? Also, what would be a good starting dosage for the B vitamins? Thanks so much for all you do here.

*From the web site:

Progressive Multivitamin - Active Men provides a whole range of key nutrients vital for the health of active men who work out 1 – 3 times per week. It contains special combinations as follows:

High Levels of B-Complex Vitamins to increase energy production.
Combat Stress & Fatigue - Additional B vitamins and high levels of Vitamin C help to combat the increased stress levels of an active lifestyle.
Glutathione, calcium, and magnesium to support adrenal function and reducing fatigue.
Increased Oxygen Uptake – Malic acid, coenzyme Q10 and ginkgo biloba to increase oxygen uptake, improve energy production and enhance stamina and endurance.
Electrolyte Replacement - Potassium, calcium, magnesium and sea salt, essential minerals and electrolytes lost through strenuous activity.
Antioxidant Support - Additional vitamin A,C,E, coenzyme Q-10, selenium, alpha lipoic acid and grape seed extract help to neutralize the damage from free radicals.
Greater Recuperation - N-acetyl cysteine, phosphatidyl serine and L-glutamine minimize recovery time after exercise and aid in the repair and maintenance of muscle tissue.
Horace316 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote