Thread: B12
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrs D.

This is a reply that I got from Dr. Neubrander's office regarding the low B12 levels & Hopewell. What do you think of it? Also I'd be interested in giving oral B12 a try. Do you have any suggestions of B12 that doesn't contain sugar? Most of the ones I've seen contain sugar which I'm avoiding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlneub
B12 tests measures are not specific to what kind of B12 (methyl, cyano, hydroxy...). Raising or lowering MB12 based on B12 tests cannot be done as the test does not separate the kind of B12 you need. The only tests we use is doing the Parent Designed Report Form before making a change to the MB12 and then redoing the Form 5 weeks after a change to MB12 with NO OTHER CHANGES occurring during that 5 week period. Lastly, if you are doing B12 without the proper supplements in the proper ranges that mb12 needs to do its job, mb12 will not be utilized but excreted as excess.

Do you meet the Supplement Review Worksheet guidelines for Magnesium, Zinc, B2, B3, B6, Selenium and C? If these guidelines are low then the mb12 may not be processed and the excess goes out in the urine which may explain that the mb12 levels are similar.
http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9960

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroLogic (02-26-2012)