View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 03:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Merry christmas everyone!!! He is born

Well, the last time I was up at 1:45am was when I was waking up from pain about a week ago. We had a glorious time at my parents last night opening gifts and having a traditional Norwegian dinner of Rib's. I got many wonderful gifts and even money to buy my own gifts.

Tomorrow morning will start with coffee and stockings for Laura and I, then a call to Washington to talk to my daughter and granddaughter. Then making pancakes. Normally on Christmas Day we go to my sisters for an open-house and then to a movie. Tonight we learned they are not having an open-house (too many friends out of town this year) so they are going north to Flagstaff to play in the snow. So Laura and I will go visit a very good friend in the hospital, bring her treats, and then to our movie. then a quite day at home.

Different than any other year in my memory. Still, the main thing is we are focusing on the Reason for the Season and reading some scripture. Too much of today is focused on presents and food. I am going to make it a focus on Christ, for it is HIS day.

SO, not sure if it's my mind racing, or my pain, or my hip, but its' 1:50 not and I am wide awake.

God Bless you all, you are my good friends and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and to my Jewish friends, I did wish you a Happy Hanukkah a few weeks ago, I hear most of you go to eat Chinese food today, (LOL) enjoy. to others who do not celebrate, or have other beliefs, have a wonderful day as well.

Earl.

Now I HOPE I can get SOME sleep before he sun comes up, and Laura comes out to rip open her stocking.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (12-25-2010), ginnie (12-25-2010), Jappy (12-25-2010), Kitty (12-25-2010), SallyC (12-26-2010)