View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default T.N. turns into A.D.

Daisy21, I was never told about A.D. either when I had the worst possible scenerio after an M.V.D that failed and then surgery number 3 at Mayo clinic where the trigeminal nerve was actually severed. Never was A.D. ever discussed by any of the neurosurgeons that did anything for me. In fact I didn't even know a name for it for about 3 years, although I
was given pain meds. I found neuroTalk quite by accident
and was so grateful to find I was not alone. I actually diagnosed myself.
I understand when you talk about ending it. I too knew that it was an option and It almost soothed me to know that. I would tell my husband "I can't do this" and he would hold my hand and say a prayer.
I have about six years of getting disability through Medicare from Social Security I was denied the first attempt but the second
time I was granted. It wasn't for the dx of Anesthesia Delorosa as I didn't have a name for it yet. It was for the extreme pain I faced everyday.
I am so sorry you are going through this. I believe it is the darkest days of my life and there is so much more I could write but this is Christmas Day and I have food waiting to be cooked.
Please let me know how things are going and if you have questions. I will try to help you the best I can.
Bless, Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote