Thread: neck pain
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for responding I may have not made myself perfectly clear of why I had the last revision and I should have so I apologize. The last revision was not due to the proximal catheter but the distal catheter since I outgrew it. It was the distal end alone that got replaced not the entire shunt since at the time there was no need to completely replace it. I never really noticed it as much as I did the past few years since it kind of sticks out more below the skin like you can see under the skin where it leads to in the neck the most and ive had people ask me in the past if I had a huge bug bite and I said no its something else and did not bother saying what it is since it is none of their business but im wondering if it is scar tissue or the fact that it sits on top of the bone that is causing it. Like it shifted from where it was. The doctors never mentioned any of those things but it was something my mom brought up but im just hoping that there is nothing really bad going on and i try to just brush the pain off like its nothing.
kl2568 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote