View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beloved wife View Post
Good day!
I have just joined this group looking for some support so that I am able to continue to support my husband. He suffered several strokes in Jan. 2010 and is suffering terribly with atypical trigeminal neuralgia.
His pain is so intense and I am watching the life get sucked right out of him. He is 48 and is way too young to lie down in defeat.
Has anyone found anything that works for this pain? He has already taken Tegratol and a slew of other medications for this to no avail. He is currently taking Vicoden and Tramadol for the pain with little or no relief.
Blessings to all:
Val
Have you contacted a neuromuscular dentist? the American Acadamy of Craniofascial Pain might be able to direct you to one - aligning the TMJ with an orthotic might be helpful - it can be a bit spendy (between 3-10,000$) but theres certainly nothing else to lose. For more info you could call this dentist and talk with him: www.drschwam.com
also take a look at www.tmjstack.com

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (09-14-2012)