View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ...whatever works for you ....

[QUOTE=jeanb;729065]YogaLife,

But let me ask you – how long has your husband been on Azilect? There are two opportunities he may still have, depending on the study. (sometimes studies that are looking for de novo patients will accept patients who have been on meds a short while and are willing to stop the meds.)

1. The MJFox Foundation PPMI study is looking for de novo patients in an effort to identify biomarkers. Participating in this could help all people with pd.

2. There is a clinical trial for a substance called Cogane which is looking for de novo patients. This new treatment is taken orally and crosses the blood brain barrier and in earlier trial is very promising to help pwp.

And my last bit of advice is to agree with Soccertese - Exercise!!

Diagnosed in July this year, I currently take no meds and have put my hand up to try to get on the Cogane trial.

I would search the archives on here and learn from other's experiences (without scaring yourself witless ).Form your own opinion of the current drug regimes, and map your own way forward. Everyone has their own coping mechanism, so trust in your own instincts and TRY not to think about it 24/7

off to raise my nicotine level
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (12-27-2010)