Thread: Drunk driver
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When I used to drive with my first husband I would simply be in prayer the whole time. Prayer to arrive home alive. Prayer that a cop would be waiting. Prayer that he wouldnt kill us or someone else on the way home. I would beg to drive and it would reach the level of violence before he would demand that I get in the dang car.

If their license is taken away, they drive anyway. If they are fined, they refuse to pay, and somehow they never chase them for contempt of court. They play pity stories upon the court about needing to support their families, and permission to drive to and from work.

Remember the woman on the highway a couple of years back that slammed into wrong way traffic and killed all but one child in her own car? Her family claims they had no idea she had been drinking at that picnic. BS!

When I worked in prison and as a medic I would ask why we were not taking this drunk to jail, instead of the hospital and would be told all about how Alcoholics are sick, and need hospital and medical care, not punishment. That used to anger me to my core!

Drive drunk once and you lose your license, do it twice and lose your freedom. Kill or injure someone while out there, and not only do you lose your freedom, but your family should be hauled into court to explain why they didnt report you. Its so important for loved ones to stand up and say NO! I wont get in the car with you, and NO! I wont stand here in silence. If you leave this spot, I am calling the cops with your license plate number and direction. My ex never had a single accident while blasted, but it was not for his skill, it was blind luck.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-27-2010), Jappy (12-28-2010), Kitty (12-27-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (12-28-2010), SallyC (12-27-2010)