View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Can anyone with RSD who's on medicare recommend medigap and or supplement insurance plans? Your experiences etc, do's and don'ts? My wife still needs to look at AARP with UnitedHealthcare but I have issues with some of these health insurance companies because of battles I had with them way before she was approved for medicare. We've looked into Humana, and just a tad with BC/BS which I am partial to. Any thoughts, thanks

jim&suzy
Hi Jim & Suzy,

I still have my husbands insurance as my secondary so they cover all my percriptions, medicare is my primary and Aetna is my secondary for medical. As you know medicare does not come with percription coverage. Anyway I know quite a few people who are using aarp with great results. I am also a Business Manager and the company I work for one of the owners is on Social Security and we just switched her from BCBS to AARP for Percriptions because of cost. Not so much cost of the plan but the cost of what they would cover in regards to the new Tier system that has come about with percriptions in the last 6 months. So what I discovered was the premium was a few dollars less with AARP than BCBS but AAPR are paying more when it come to the expensive Tier 3 medications which my client happens to take.

Hope this helped.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote