View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
would the celiac activity explain vitamin d deficiancy.
Although Mrs D. is correct in the fact that we do not get much Vit D from our foods, gluten intolerance very difinitely will cause you to not absorb the vitamins and minerals properly. Gluten can prevent us from absorbing, and often times, even after going gluten free some of us continue to have problems getting enough vitamins and minerals from our foods.

Gluten free processed foods are not vitamin fortified like other processed foods. It is advisable that you take a good multiple vitamin daily (I have taken Nature Made Woman 50+ for the 10 yrs I have been gluten free), I take 5000IU's of Vit D in the winter, 2000 in summer, using Country Life brand, 5000mcg of Vit b12 using Jarrow, and a good B Complex using Nature's Bounty. I also have to take melatonin at night and will be looking into some magnesuim soon.

How is the new lifestyle going?

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote