View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone--I am sorry if it sounded as though I was "promoting" a particular web-site--I was just merely making a suggestion as to the TYPES of places one could explore if they wanted to see if various items for getting out of the house and back INTO the "outside world" again.

I am new to posting on Forums, and didn't realize that perhaps I shouldn't post the names of specific retailers or web-sites.

I have had RSD for 4 years now, and battling with the work comp system over getting the appropriate treatment, particularly the nerve blocks.
I am also on SSDI, and am fortunate to have Medicare. For the past two years, I have had to have the blocks provided for unded Medicare, and then pay out-of-pocked for the co-pay.

Juast this week the IC abuptly discoontinued authorization for ALL the meds that I have been on for the past three years (dx'd three yers ago).
I have been on the Neurontin, 3, 600 mg. for three years. The abrubpt wtih withdrawal of the Neurontin wsa AWFUL, and in addtion to severe nausea, it caused me to be extremely "hyper", jittery, and just feeling downright HORRIBLE. I managed to get a one week supply, and resumed the neuronting several days ago.

While researching withdrawal symproms , I stumbled upun this site...I ws very relieved that I did!! It REALLY helped me take my mind off "My" problem, while reading about everyone elses horror stories of RSD, and all the things that everyone is doing in a POSITIVE way to cope wtih it.

So, that is why I shared my e-mail friend's story about float-tubing, where SHE got all her stuff, and where I explored the web to find places where I could too.

As you may all have experienced, when one is given HOPE, and when one has discoverd OTHERS who are in the same RSD NITEMARE, maybe I was a little "overly enthusiastic" in my post--but I sincerely did NOT intend to come off as a salesperson (although it sure would beat having RSD!!!!LOL)

Since I am new to this Forum and navigating the site, and I have to take frequent breaks from the computer (also have bilatere CTS and bilateral post ulnar-nerve transpositions that precipitated the RSD), I guess i should have started off introducing myself.

Anyhow, to the poster that was so kind to post pictures of all the AWESOME flower-pots, THANK YOU for taking the time to do so!!!
Maybe this summer when I am feeling better, I could try to do some hanging ones!!!!

And to ALL the posters--thanks for sharing your stories--I don't feel so "alone" anymore. People who do not have RSD have NO IDEA just how "life-altering", painful, and FRUSTRATING it is.....
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote