View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight20/20 View Post
Hello everyone! I googled groups and here I am! Wooohoo!
. . . .

I now tell everyone that I know that if they have symptoms they KNOW are not right for their body to insist on full blood panels. Much can be seen from just that. Doctors are not infallible and can miss things if they don't recognize the symptom. I encourage everyone to google their symptoms and be their own advocate!
Deb
Our biggest problem was not knowing what to google. The symptoms alone did not give the diagnosis, and for the family member we started the search 15 years ago in the early days of the World Wide Web. But eventually, terms were given that led to diagnostics.

I love medical mysteries - a TV show. Many people's stories are like that. The solution usually lies with a doctor that actually LISTENS. Our family also found a doctor to finally run tests. Like in the Medical Mysteries or Mystery Diagnosis - doctors start with a blank piece of paper and ask questions.

Now-a-days doctors have signs in their office that you can talk about only 1 problem per visit. But, but, but..... what if the TEN problems you have are all one underlying pathology?

What is our health care system coming to?

The book on this website - http://www.itsnotmental.com has an excellent foreword by Dr. Robert Fredericks, M.D. which you can see on-line on Amazon. He addresses the system failure.
Jaspar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote