Thread: sunglasses?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My daughter has some sleep disturbances and she also has a ringing in her ears that she describes as simular to being under water.

Her husband has been doing the grocery shopping and most of the cooking and errands so I am sorry if I portrayed him as totally disconnected. The difficulty is that he will only plan one day at a time and won't set things up for long term even though she has asked him to. He also is in alot of denial and IGNORANCE and doesn't even try to educate himslef on how to be the best partner/advocate he can be.

He is of the notion that she should try to do everything she wants to try (except the driving but even that he thinks she will be able to do very soon) and if she can't then well rest a little while and try again. He isn't getting that rest comes first. He feels that she got enough of that the first week when she was sleeping most of the time.

This isn't the first situation like this he has had to deal with. Each time he takes too long to realize how much help she needs. She almost died with their firstborn due to a severe hemaorage that was ignored by the staff till she lost consciousness briefly. She neded transfusions but she has a medical condition that needed to be concidered in administering them and the staff was being uncooperative. My daughter tried to explain but was confused and weak. He was not advocating well for her so I steped in and he and his family got really upset with me. I forsee a few more of those situations comming up in the weeks to come if he doesn't educate himself on PCS.

BTW where can I get a copy of the TBI guide by r Johnson?
kikimoma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote