Thread: Drunk driver
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

That guy I mentioned that killed the four motorcyclists in Iowa earlier this year...pretty sure they have video of this moron stopping at a gas station, stumbling in and going to the cooler where he grabbed a bottle of some sort of alcohol (beer? maybe?) and then he went up and paid for the alcohol and the MORON CASHIER SOLD IT TO HIM! (hope he gets jail too...)

Witnesses who followed him back out onto the interstate said it was obvious when he came into the gas station that he was plastered. A couple of them were desperately trying to call the IA state police/hwy patrol and trying to get him stopped when he barreled head-on into the motorcycles. (crossed the center line in the middle of a construction zone)

I had to look it up, he had a blood alcohol of .373, which according to the article I read was enough alcohol to kill a non-drinker.

The guy that killed the doctor (which happened 2 days after the 4 motorcyclists were killed) had a BAC of .308

Another drunk driver who killed a woman and injured her new husband (think they were only married 5 weeks) a few months ago had a BAC of .137. That guy had a previous drunk driving conviction, and so did the guy who killed the motorcyclists. Guy who killed the newlywed woman also had been arrested 6 weeks before that for drunk driving.

Most of these people who drink and drive do it more than once. They're given a pansy slap on the wrist and told to not do it again and "go get treatment". If they would change the law so that anyone who is convicted of drunk driving resulting in an injury/death to another person gets sent to jail for life with no parole, maybe then the number of people being killed/injured by drunks would go down.

Like I said, I have a special hatred for drunk drivers. I had a close call once with a drunk driver. My mom and I had just left a McD's here in town. We were sitting in a turn lane, waiting for the light to change when a black car came speeding down the street towards us. He hit the cement median in the middle of the street and went airborne and was coming towards us. Came down directly BEHIND my mom's car. (I think I was about 16yrs old at the time). Literally just missed us.

He was plastered...and killed. Thank goodness he didnt kill me and my mom. My dad was freaked for months after that. It had been tradition for my mom to take me out on saturday nights to go buy an early sunday paper and take me to McD's. That ended that weekend. My dad would not let us out of his sight for months. My mom would still go get her early sunday paper, but would come straight home after getting it.

I really did not realize how close we came to being victims until my dad reminded me that we witnessed that accident. Now I can remember how freaked out I was when that car launched into the air and was coming towards us. I can remember getting out of the car and running across the street into the McD's to tell them to call the police. I didnt need to tell them...the manager (a friend of my mom's) saw the whole thing and thought that he was about to see us get killed. He thought that the car had hit the back of ours when it came back down, but it didnt touch us that I can remember.

So, yes, serious hatred here of drunk drivers. When a drunk hits another car or runs down a pedestrian, it's not an "accident". An accident implies that something went terribly wrong and the person(s) hurt were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When a drunk causes an accident. I think it's murder...first degree. The drunk intentionally got plastered, and then intentionally got into a car and drove. Yes, their judgment was affected by the alcohol, but if they hadnt made the decision to drink till their brain was mush, they wouldnt have killed someone in the first place. They made the decision to get drunk, so they should accept the consequences and go to jail.

Judges need to stop giving these people second and 10th chances at "turning themselves around". If I were ever allowed to be a judge, drunk drivers would be getting sent to jail left and right. For as long as they could be sent to jail.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroNixed Craig (12-29-2010), SallyC (12-29-2010)