View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroNixed Craig View Post
As a Police Officer arresting as many DWI's as possible, I had a certain knack for it or maybe I just attracted them, not sure. When going to court their attorney would always come up and want to plea bargain down to improper driving of something even more stupid.

My stance was very solid, presented with a very cold stare and the sincerity of certain death. I would simply say, "In my opinion there is no negotiation for what I believe should be a first offense "FELONY!" The attorney would then excuse himself and ironically, when the case was called, there was no attorney representing the defendant. Geee! I wonder why?

Let's not discount the fact that someone "enabled" this person to get to this state unless they were drinking in a locked closet.
Craig, when my son was a patrol officer he'd have to appear in court numerous times for drunk drivers he arrested. It was amazing to me how many times court dates were postponed or canceled. By the time the case was heard it was sometimes more than a year since the incident! Plus, many lawyers hoped the police officer won't show up. I think my son would have come to court even if he had been on vacation! He really had a dislike for the chemically impaired drivers.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroNixed Craig (12-29-2010)