View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I think you have an infection.... need some scanning.

I've had that happen a few times, as well.

Try Control +Alt+Delete

If that will not shut you down, you'll have to turn off and reboot.

Sometimes this happens when you need a cold reboot. Do you leave your computer on all the time?

I'll say this...one thing that is really bumming me out! Mozilla Firefox does this to me every time there is an upgrade:
If I have one window open on the tray, and then hit new window in File... the new window opens and HIDES the first one! So then I still only have the new window on the bottom tray! If I get busy, and forget that first one, it sits there forever, lost. I had that happen once when the first window was "loading" and it crashed my computer over time. I couldn't continue here or navigate or anything!

So look and see if you have a hidden window. I don't know what causes this, and have not found an answer yet.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-29-2010 at 07:45 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-29-2010), MelodyL (12-29-2010)