Thread: Drunk driver
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When my ex would demand to drive the car he had no idea just how drunk he was. He didnt care about the law, he didnt care about killing someone, he didnt care about killing me. He only cared about getting his way and proving to me that he had not lost control. At that moment it wouldnt have mattered what the law says or how many got a life sentence. He didnt believe himself to be compromised. He believed me to be controlling, manipulative and picking on him.

In a sober moment he would say things like "why didnt you stop me?!" or OMG I cant believe I got home safe. I would burst into tears and explain to him just how out of control he was and he would say "you are making too much out of this. I got us home, didnt I?" Alcohol is a disease of denial. They are good at it. "I can quit drinking anytime I choose" or "its only beer!" or "why are you picking on me?! I dont drink as much as (fill in any name) so back off me!" They are simply not capable of controlling their behavior and have no clue how bad it is, because they cant see themselves when drunk. I wish I had a cell phone camera back then.

It will only work when our courts stop coddling them. Drive drunk, do community service, AND go to rehab! do it twice, loose your freedom. its jail time! more than a weekend. I cant tell you how many drunk drivers would check in my jail for a weekend sentence. A six month sentence to be served on weekends so they could continue to go to work all week. Ok, so they got to keep their job, their family and ability to make money, AND on the weekend got to escape their chores, family obligations, and got free medical care, free education, dental...whats the down side? Too many lawyers say "been there, done that, whats the big deal?"

Makes me sick!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-29-2010), kicker (12-29-2010), Kitty (12-29-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (12-29-2010)