View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question The Secret - positive thinking?

Anyone else watch this movie or read the book?

I just finished the movie and while majority of whats in it is already what I've been practicing preaching - some of it sounds like mumbo jumbo - energy fields, vibrations, just wishing for what you want, etc.

But in truth, it make sense to me. Positive psychology is such a big deal. And if you spin it towards just being more positive, positive thinking, knowing what you want, wishing and keeping on track of your dreams, then it begins to make sense.

So some of the things I jotted down as I was watching, I thought might help out some of you too or atleast might be fun to do here.

A list of what you "want"
A list of what you are "grateful" for
A list of the people you care about and the things about them you love/like - not dislike

It's about training your brain to think about what you are happy with, what you want, and are grateful for already, rather than what you don't like, hate, are upset and angry with. Teaching yourself to have happier, positive emotions rather than negative ones.

And basically if you think about positive things enough, feel what it would be like, and make actions towards making it happen - they will?

Which is a formula I've already seen: thoughts + feelings --> actions/behaviors

I also liked the idea of making a collage of all the things you want in life and want to make happen. So what do you think about being more optimistic rather than pessimistic, glass half full than half empty? Those people we always see that life just seems so EASY for, is this their secret?

**hugs*** missed you all - hope you had happy holidays and a new year to come!
wishnomore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (12-31-2010), Alffe (12-29-2010), barbo (12-29-2010), DMACK (12-30-2010), Doody (01-18-2011), mistiis (01-03-2011), tamiloo (01-17-2011)