View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've learned so much about myself and about the kind of person i want to be and life i want to lead that i never would have learned had i not been injured. for that i'm truly thankful.

i now have the power to be a better spouse, friend, family member and someday even employee b/c I won't burn myself out by never saying no to work.

recovery is gradual. I've learned a lot about living in the present moment. I stunk at that before the accident. not that i've mastered it by any stretch. What a gift to be able to be thankful for the moments when I do feel better. And to know that in the awful times, those too will pass. talk about simple life lessons....

Reading Gail Denton's Book Brainlash has helped me beyond measure. I wish I would have ordered 3 months ago, but of course back then I thought i would "beat the odds" kick some serious butt on PCS within 8 weeks. Yes, I'm a reforming type A control freak. what a big gift it is to be reforming.

setbacks still happen. I"m not sure how long they will, but as time goes on I'm finding that I come back from them faster than i did weeks and months ago.

an important piece for me was to learn to stop fighting it and start figuring out how to work with it. If you haven't already, consider reading Brainlash. I would have short-cutted months of anxiety, worry, etc. which came from not understanding what my body is doing.

it does get better!
MarileeG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katie71083 (07-15-2011)