Thread: Dyskinesia?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I started getting dyskinesia in my 4th year of Sinemet..Actually, when my Sinemet CR stopped working, and I began taking Comtan and Sinenet seperately, that was when it started..Since I've changed over to Stalevo, it hasnt been as bad, and it was when I was taking the two drugs seperately

For me, I get dyskinetic when the Stalevo is wearing off, so I have found that taking my meds on time, is critical if want to avoid it, and I definately try my best to avoid it at all cost, cuz it drives me up a wall in a New York second..The other thing that happens, that has started happening to me recently, are off periods, which is why I have to be vigilant about the timing of my meds..I can go 4 hours on one dose of Stalevo 200 mg, but I will wear off before the next dose kicks in, so I overlap doses every 3 hours so that I lessen the chance of getting dyskinetic and wearing off inbetween doses..600 mgs gives me about 11-12 hours of on time

Everyone is different, so it is really hard to say, but it has been my experience that the further down the road Ive gotten away from my very first symptom about 8 years ago, the more critical the balancing act has become..I tried starting my meds 2 hours later this morning so I would crash 2 hours later tonight, and the result was I shuffled over to a chair this morning, and I froze up so solid that I couldnt take one more step to sit down..I had to ask my girlfriend to help me

The effect of this disease, is so different from patient to patient, that it can be very confusing..Research, educate, a good Dr., and trial and trial and error is about what it comes down to