Thread: Dyskinesia?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

check out amazon or ebay for pd books.
when it's time to take meds you'll know it. it might be years from now. why worry about dyskinesias, which may never occur, until then and hopefully you'll find a doctor who can guide you.
there are new drugs/treatments in the pipeline, i'd spend more time watching those. and i'm ready to go anywhere in the world if a promising clinical trial shows up. your husband is too young to risk a trial that may require surgery but you should stay current on treatments that might slow the progression.

remember, if there was an alternative medicine "magic bullet" out there it would be known by now. i've tried every supplement, chelation by tablet and IV, and even I.V. glutathione. maybe they delayed my progression and i'd be worse but the fact is, about 6 years after my diagnosis i started to get worse quicker and i started on meds. i wasted imho thousands of dollars with naturepaths who kept wanting to "keep trying".

my belief is that:
1. the blood brain barrier keeps most large molecules out of the brain which limits oral treatments.
2. anything that you could take orally that might repair brain cells is likely going to affect every nerve cell in your body which worries me so i assume any treatment that might reverse pd requires delivery to specific parts of the brain..
3. pd is caused by the loss of nerve cell function, either by damage or death. these cells lose function at a normal rate but we have enough that we die before pd symptoms appear. so those that manifest p.d. either were born without enough cells and/or suffered damage(s) from physical blows - football - or toxins - pesticides, manganese, etc.
so what we can do is hope treatments to slow the loss of the remaining neurons and/or rescue/replace the dead/damaged neurons are developed. there is no simple solution. no magic bullet. people with every conceivable lifestyle get p.d. no population has been found immune by their lifestyle/genetics. this implies there is no easy answer.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote