View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

B-6 has its detractors just as many nutritional supplements. There are many different views on max doses. The conservative say 100 mg per day. Most say 200 mgs per day. The aggressive say 300 mgs per day. The latter two also say that it is important to take a balance of the other B's for the B-6 to be effective and less prone to overdose. B-6 taken alone at over 100 to 200 mgs per day can cause peripheral neuropathy.

My regimen was begun at the recommendation of an M.D. Those of us with compromised brains tend to require more B-6.

A doctor who I saw first for a severe flare up of carpal tunnel syndrome also recommended B-6 with a healthy dose of niacin plus the other B's. With this regimen, I have been able to avoid carpal tunnel surgery for over 20 years. At first flair up, the doctor wanted to schedule me for surgery the next day. After describing how much I had improved while waiting for the neuro appointment and taking the increased B-6 and niacin, he decided to wait and see how much more improvement was possible.

To help avoid the peripheral neuropathy, avoid aluminum in any form. It is murder on the nervous system. Aluminum is in some anti-persperants and some antacid formulas.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote