View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 02:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
Ativan has proved to be a great helper to me when I am dizzy, off balance and having anxiety issues. I dont take it every day, only when I really need it. I sometimes stick it under my tongue to let it work faster. I have found a gem of an MD who is willing to let me try, and is generous. It took him learning me and me showing him that I am trustworthy and not drug seeking. I would be lost without him now.

I enjoy mindful stuff too. to be present in the here and now and not stressed or anxious about an hour from now, or a day from now. To breathe, and feel my feet on the floor and get grounded. Greatly helpful, but I need pharmacuticals on top of that.

I hope you find a way to get them to talk to you.

You can feel your feet on the floor? I have just about lost all sense of contact between my feet and the material world. However, they have developed a whole universe of interesting and sometimes painful new sensations!

I am finding that meditation, breathing, stretching, and some yoga is more helpful than pain meds in many cases. But there are times when it is so difficult to concentrate, to focus . . . . and there are the shooting pains that sneak up on you and make you jump! I truly am looking for a minimal amount of substance to help my body and my mind deal with the pain. However, I am quickly coming to the conclusion that it is possible that I am doing as much as can be done, given tolerances (or lack thereof) with meds. This is one reason that mindfulness meditation is attractive to me.

And I find the tiniest dose of ativan can help reduce the stress over pain that overtops your regular pain meds. I would think the fact that I have been using norco in very low doses for years would speak to the fact that I am not seeking large quantities of drugs to abuse. And thank goodness I live in a state that allows medical marijuana . . . it has saved me time and again.
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-31-2010)