Thread: stress
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecando View Post
When I am just the least bit stressed, my body becomes a rag doll. Even if I am running late for say work,appointment etc, my muscles just become so weak. This can come on so fast. I have fallen so many times its a wonder I am still alive. I have been lucky in that sense. Does stress affect anyone else with MG? The day after Christmas I was exhausted and just laid around all day...no energy whatsoever. Also, I am on 40mg of Prednisone and I am starting to get the moon face look. Is there something that can be done about this?

Appreciate all,

Sue C
Sue, I have not taken Prednisone but as for stress, it effects me greatly. My body also goes limp when I am exposed to stress and I have spent a lot of time on the floor after exposure to stress. Sorry you are experiencing this, it is no fun.

I have no tolerance for stress since I got MG. I haven't found anything to help me tolerate stress and so I live my life avoiding stressful situations as much as possible. I have tried so many things to reduce stress, and while they help in the moment I still cannot build up a tolerance to even simple stresses. I have had to take a nap over the stress of wondering what to make for dinner, isn't that just dumb?

I am considering a therapist to help me handle the stress. There must be some way of thinking differently that can make me see situations as less stressful, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

I do admit that a nice quiet day when I intentionally don't try to accomplish anything does wonders for MG symptoms. I have recently applied for Social Security Disability because the stress of trying to work was making my MG worse, I have had to quit working completely and am living on my savings account right now. If I didn't have these financial worries I think my MG symptoms will become less...maybe I could build up a tolerance for stress...I am hopeful.

Sue C, have you considered applying for disability?

I hope you are feeling better.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote