View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Extreme sensitivity to noise

Hi, I am new on here, just registered. I have read quite a few posts and send you all hope and positivity for peace and healing - this is my second bout of PCS and only sufferers know the true agony of this......

I had a horse riding accident three years ago and got PCS but gradually made a really good recovery over time, with the last year being pretty much back to 'normal'.

I was then unfortunately rear ended whilst stationery just over 3 months ago. Initially I thought I was fine and then the old familiar symptoms came back.....only this time I have some new ones!

I was doing ok, recovering gradually over the last three months and then 2 weeks ago I was overcome by extreme fatigue and noise sensitivity, to the extent that I can barely get out of bed some days, and all everyday noises are painful to my head and ears.

Did any of you experience these kind of relapses a few months in?

I also have terrible nightmares and poor quality sleep. I have noticed positive comments about elavil for this? Any other suggestions?

I am doing the usual acupuncture, cranial osteopathy, massage, etc, but still have terrible head and neck pain at times. I have stopped taking ibuprofen as I understand this can cause rebound headaches and tinnitus (which got a lot worse when the noise sensitivity started)

Thanks all, I am a little desperate!

Whilst I know, from experience, that this does get better and ease with time, I have some very lonely, scared moments where I feel like I can't cope.

I didn't have such long relapses first time round. Whilst I would have bad days, there was always a better day round the corner but I see no sign of coming out of this 2 week relapse!

I am due to return to work next week after the holidays and have no idea how I am going to cope energy wise if I continue to feel like this.....

Thank you!
UKgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote