View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is my marriage over?

My 56 year old husband has had 3 minor strokes since October. He has no real physical problems, and his mental rpocesses have some minor issues; some memory problems. His personality has changed, and not for the better. He told me right after the first stroke that he wasnt sure whether he wanted to be married any more. He was very confused. Three months later, it hasnt gotten any better, and he has not sought any help. This weekend we had an argument and he again told me he didnt know if he wanted to stay married, although he said he loves me. All affectionate behavior has stopped, and he repels me when I approach him. He refused to go to any of my family's holiday events. He told me he would seek some professional help, since waiting for it to get better on his own isn't working. He has never been cold hearted, but last night, after a tearful discussion, he said we were done talking, went into the kitchen, got popcorn, came into the room sat in the recliner, propped his feet up and ate popcorn and watched me cry, without one single word. I am completely heartbroken. This is not my husband. I think maybe he is escalating bad behavior so I will leave, but he continues to say he is confused, and I cannot leave him with out feeling like and appeaing to be a heartless you know what. I am 51, with medical problems of my own, I need help on how I can get through this without any more damage.. I feel worthless, ugly and unlovable, even though he says it isnt me. maybe I just need someone to listen I am being ripped to shreds. I don't know what to do.
iowagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-15-2011)