View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You have to use various things, as they work. I usually don't use my Demerol, but today
I did, the pain was so bad it was making me depressed and even thinking on the edge of
irrational. So I took 25 mg Demerol. I can't take most pain meds because of my 2nd
disease (I have 3) Porphyria, so I do have oral Demerol. I absolutely don't abuse it as I
know how nervous I'll be if I take it often. So I don't. But I need it handy. I do take a child's dose of Klonopin, which is a benzo like Ativan, which others here say takes off the edge. I have used biofeedback and I occasionally use that, but sometimes it does not work--it's variable.

Lefthanded, what is your GI issue? When I first had MS I was also suspected by some on the forum of having Porphyria, and that proved to be true. It has GI pain issues. You sound a lot like me. It is possible to have both. Worth thinking about unless you already know what causes your GI issues. I've been better GI wise since I learned what drugs and foods to avoid for Porphyria. The neuro symptoms sound similar--the burning
numb feet, etc. I am not sure where one disease leaves off and the other begins, and
I realize that Porphyria (which is toxic) may have produced my brain scars of MS....but
that's getting more complex than even the neuros can manage.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-02-2011)