View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Pixified-

I wouldn't stress about developing a clot, just be aware of the symptoms to watch for. I know this is easier said than done as I stressed a lot about it when I was first diagnosed with it, too. I was officially diagnosed with vascular TOS on my left side (non-operated side) two years ago but knew I had a problem since I went through TOS testing back in early 2004 for my right side. For me, my left arm turns grayish, the skin becomes quite cold and the whole arm becomes quite painful. The doctors documented a 25 degree difference between the two extremities when they were running tests convinced I had a blood clot during about 3-4 hours of vascular testing. They didn't find a clot but did document significant compression of the artery and vein even in the side position probably dur to my anatomy. I have a cervical rib on the left side.

I was concerned that increased pressure on my arms/shoulders from being forced to use crutches for 3+ months (two back-to-back ankle surgeries on same ankle) would increase my symptoms. So far, I'm on week 8 of 12 to possibly 16 weeks and no increased symptoms.

Just be aware of the symptoms to watch for. Watch what triggers your symptoms. Back in 2003/2004, pt aggravated my symptoms and I eventually opted for surgery. So far so goods regarding the right side.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
billy027 (01-01-2011)